DAY 5 MONDAY 11TH JANUARY
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Otter Class»
- DAY 5 MONDAY 11TH JANUARY»
Good morning Otters
It's the start of another week of remote learning. Here is the timetable for your learning at home today:
Maths Warm Up – The Daily 10
To keep the children’s key skills ticking over, I’m going to introduce the Daily 10 (an idea which I have shamelessly ‘pinched’ from Miss Maskell).
- Go to the following website:
- Click on the Daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘Choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 6 (Year 6). You may need to choose a lower year group if you find the questions too tricky.
- 2nd tab: Partitioning
- 3rd tab: Choose either of the ranges given
- You will then need to select how much time you want between each question.
- YOU NEED TO WRITE YOUR 10 ANSWERS DOWN ON PAPER.
- At the end of the quiz, you can check your answers.
- Upload your score to Dojo to let your teacher know how you got on.
Maths Main Lesson
Today we are starting a new unit of work on decimals. This week we will start by looking at decimal place value and then move onto multiplying and dividing decimals by 10, 100 and 100. Monday’s maths lesson focuses upon the place of numbers with 2 decimal places (d.p.)
As usual you need to watch the White Rose teaching video before completing the worksheet which can be found in the attachments at the bottom of the page along with the answer sheet.
Maths Video Explanations
I received a lot of positive feedback regarding the maths explanation videos so I have created more for today. It is worth listening to the videos even if you think you’ve got the question right as I make other teaching points in the video as well as explaining the answers to the questions. All links to the YouTube videos can be found on Class Dojo.
Today is our 5th lesson in our Sherlock sequence of learning. In this lesson, you will be introduced to new vocabulary, identify word pairs and synonyms and apply the vocabulary in sentences.
For your topic lesson today, you will be doing the second lesson in the unit of work on Buddhism. In this lesson, you are going to be learning about Buddhism as a religious tradition that was originally passed on by word of mouth. You will also learn about the Buddha’s core teachings: the threefold path to enlightenment and the four noble truths.
Otter Catch-Up Zoom
There will be a Zoom catch up for all Y6 pupils at 2pm today. Details will be sent via Dojo or email.