DAY 8 THURSDAY 14TH JANUARY
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Otter Class»
- DAY 8 THURSDAY 14TH JANUARY»
Maths Warm Up – The Daily 10
- Go to the following website:
- Click on the Daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘Choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 6 (Year 6).
- 2nd tab: Multiplication
- 3rd tab: Mixed tables up to x12
- You will then need to select how much time you want between each question.
- YOU NEED TO WRITE YOUR 10 ANSWERS DOWN ON PAPER.
- At the end of the quiz, you can check your answers.
- Do another Daily 10, this time picking Division [Mixed Division up to ¸12]
Maths Main Lesson
Today we will be multiplying decimals by 10, 100 and 1000. This lesson moves on our learning from last term when we practised multiplying integers (whole numbers) by 10, 100 and 1000.
As usual you need to watch the White Rose teaching video before completing the worksheet which can be found in the attachments at the bottom of the page.
Maths Video Explanations
The links to the video explanations can be found on Class Dojo.
Today you are going to work though through Lesson 9 in the Sherlock unit. In this lesson, you will step inside Sherlock's office at 221b Baker Street and finally see what lies behind the mysterious front door. You will develop your knowledge of clauses and phrases, and generate descriptive vocabulary about Sherlock's office.
Thursday Catch-Up Time
I’m aware that the extra lessons (two English videos and a Reading Zoom) may have impacted upon the children’s ability to finish all the work yesterday. If this was the case, use this time to catch up on the work from yesterday. If you didn’t get round to doing the third lesson on biome, do this instead today.
If needed, here's the link to Biomes lesson 3:
Before half-term Miss Clifton, your music teacher, shared with you a login and password for the YUMU website. This music website allows you to practise the music you are learning in school at home. Your unit of work this half term is based around the song ‘Make You Feel My Love’ by Adele.
Here are some instructions for accessing the YUMU website.
· Click on the link above to login to the YUMU website. (Children will need their login details).
· Type in your username and password
· Click on Make You Feel My Love’ by Adele.
· Click on Step 1
· Choose which activities to try by clicking on them (on the right hand side of the screen)